Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 6 Antworten
und wurde 1.140 mal aufgerufen
 Volvo
tiking

14.10.2012 18:15
Volvo F16 Globetrotter Zitat · Antworten

've been looking for this model for a while and finally got it. The fittings were 'ok', but the worst part was the grill which did not fit together ver well. I've seen the real vehicle and they do have a reasonable amount of space between the front cab and the grill but not that much. Although I have seen pic with the space slightly large, it was still hard to get it to fit snugly against the cab front. That pisst me off. If I have flushmounted the grill it would have shorten the area where the Volvo insignia were suppose to go. So I mounted the gril with as is and glued two pieces of strips, to play the part as extra add-on accessories, just to hide the non-flush mounted grill against the cab. ;( I usually dismantle a model if I am not 100% satified with it, as I have done in the past; but since this was a hard-to-find kit, I decided to live with the imperfetion this particular kit had. The decals for the dashboard was also bad. I had to use dry transfer that I had bought eons ago for my 1/35 scale military modeling to use instead. To my surprise it worked out pretty well.

Another issue was with the windshield. It was near impossible to get it to fit the cab frames. The frame was actually wrapped. Just my luck. :( In short, it was smaller that the cab frame. So I came up with the idea to add tape on the passenger side to give the effect that it needed some maintainence.

Anyway, the build went together nicely dispite these two issues. I had to replace the fuel tank due to a mishap with the original. That is why it is shorter. We'll just assume there was a slight accident and the crew had it replaced with another tank until a new one could be delivered. I wanted to add a reasonable amount of details on this model and that's why you see many addictional parts. I used a lot of parts from my 'misc. box' for various areas. Added another storage box on the passager side as well. I scratch built the upward ram( do not know what it is called) to the fifth wheel. I always thought these look better. I decided to also do a well detailed interior( hard to take pics ofthe finished interior while mounted. I should have taken it before mounting it( stupid me) Anyways, I took a couple of it before mounting it but only in the WIP phase. I scratch built things like the seat arm rest, seat adjustments control on the driver side.

I do hope you like the final build dispite these few issues.

Interior WIP:

fogdwella
Kiwi Trucker

14.10.2012 21:55
#2 RE: Volvo F16 Globetrotter Zitat · Antworten

Wow that is an exellent build and looks quite real in a few photo's. You have put a lot of thought into this, well done...Ken..

Cheers from down under.Ken..
From out of the mist and into the fogg
http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t290/chewchewnz/

V 8 Trucker

20.10.2012 11:22
#3 RE: Volvo F16 Globetrotter Zitat · Antworten

Hi,............??

Wow ,sehr realistische Arbeit,auf deinen Fotos denkt man echt das es sich um ein Original handelt,statt einem Modell.

Gruß Jan

http://www.jansmodeltruckandcarcorner.de/

tiking

21.10.2012 17:20
#4 RE: Volvo F16 Globetrotter Zitat · Antworten

Thanks guys. Although the last post I did not wuite understand. For some reason, google did not translate what you said.

Honcho

21.10.2012 21:37
#5 RE: Volvo F16 Globetrotter Zitat · Antworten

Hi Tiking? (By the way - what's your real name?)

It says that you built and photographed this model very good. It looks rather like a real truck than a model.
This is my opinion, too.

LG Björn

tiking

22.10.2012 16:14
#6 RE: Volvo F16 Globetrotter Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Honcho im Beitrag #5
Hi Tiking? (By the way - what's your real name?)

It says that you built and photographed this model very good. It looks rather like a real truck than a model.
This i my opinion, too.

LG Björn

Thank you Björn. My real name is Charles King.

Honcho

23.10.2012 07:59
#7 RE: Volvo F16 Globetrotter Zitat · Antworten

Hi Charles!

You're welcome.

LG Björn

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz