Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 10 Antworten
und wurde 615 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen und Fragen rund um den Truckmodellbau
Bugace ( gelöscht )
29.12.2006 23:00
Bedford S serie chassis!!?? Zitat · Antworten

Esrtmal wollte ich sagen mein deutch sehr schlest bist!

Entschuldingung!!

Ich wollte ein Bedford S serie tandem semi gebauen, aber ich kann nicht chassis/fahrwerk bilder finden.

Bitte, eine link?

Tor Henning
Norweger

John ( Gast )
29.12.2006 23:07
#2 RE: Bedford S serie chassis!!?? Zitat · Antworten

Hi Tor
Do you speak english? I can help you. In scale 1:24 you find a beford s type here:
http://www.thepartsbox.com
Bye John

/>

Mazzysanna
The Italian Truckie

29.12.2006 23:31
#3 RE: Bedford S serie chassis!!?? Zitat · Antworten

Hallo Tom,
mit den bedford kann ich dir nicht helfen,
aber was die sprache angeth,mache dir keine sorge,
ich bin Italienär,und mein Deutsch ist auch zum.
CU´ bis dan Flo.

Bugace ( gelöscht )
29.12.2006 23:38
#4 RE: Bedford S serie chassis!!?? Zitat · Antworten

Jepp I'll manage english!!

It is Thepartsbox Bedford I have. It is the chassis I'm wondering about, and I hoped to find a link on the net showing the different measures.
Must say I like the resin lump I got from Australia today, but it might be a little wide for 1/24 scale. I have not checked it yet.

scaleautomotive

30.12.2006 02:41
#5 RE: Bedford S serie chassis!!?? Zitat · Antworten

Hi,

per the width measured at the top of the wheel arches the "The Parts Box" model actually is 1/22,4 (that would be as wide as Italeri's old 1/24 Mercedes-Benz cab (cfr. #757 "Desert Train")).

There's photos here of a straight and an articulated (with Scammel automatic trailer coupling system), but they're not tandems, have there ever been any of the S-series?

Regards,

Geert

Zitat von Bugace
Jepp I'll manage english!!
It is Thepartsbox Bedford I have. It is the chassis I'm wondering about, and I hoped to find a link on the net showing the different measures.
Must say I like the resin lump I got from Australia today, but it might be a little wide for 1/24 scale. I have not checked it yet.

John ( Gast )
30.12.2006 03:17
#6 RE: Bedford S serie chassis!!?? Zitat · Antworten

Hi Geert
The link is fantastic. I search this one for a long time. I like it. Thx
John

Bugace ( gelöscht )
30.12.2006 17:52
#7 RE: Bedford S serie chassis!!?? Zitat · Antworten
Thank You Geert!

Then I'll have to do some slightly sergery. I'll try to get it closer to 1/25. I see the hight from fender to window are to low, but it might be better if I remove some from the total width. The windshield frame are a bit to heavy on each side, so I'll splitt it there, and some on each side of the grill.

Do You know the thrue width of the body?

scaleautomotive

30.12.2006 21:52
#8 RE: Bedford S serie chassis!!?? Zitat · Antworten

Hi Tor,

I know this from Mark (the owner of the web site I referred to earlier), the width between top outer edges of the wheel arches is 228,5 cm. The model is there about 10,2 cm wide, which makes it 1/22,4.

Those "Knowles" trucks in the photos are owned by Mark's boss (btw, here's the front door of Mark's web site, the Bedford photos are under Photograpy > Truck Pics > Knowles Vintage and click on "Bedford S-type" at the bottom there).

I have also been looking at buying some of that ThePartsBox Bedford cab, thinking about the cuts to downscale it, and compared to photos of real ones I think I have also noticed on the model the horizontal line (belt line?) around the cab , where the flat top of the fenders meets the narrower vertical part of the cab (door), sits too high above the wheel arch tops. Everything considered, if ever getting to building a S-series Bedford I think I would then rather buy a 1/35 Accurate Armour (military) Bedford RLB and build a 1/24 (civilian) Bedford S from that rather than do all the fiddly work on that ThePartsBox cab.

Regards,

Geert

P.s. more Bedford photos here.

Zitat von Bugace
Thank You Geert!
Then I'll have to do some slightly sergery. I'll try to get it closer to 1/25. I see the hight from fender to window are to low, but it might be better if I remove some from the total width. The windshield frame are a bit to heavy on each side, so I'll splitt it there, and some on each side of the grill.
Do You know the thrue width of the body?

Bugace ( gelöscht )
31.12.2006 11:48
#9 RE: Bedford S serie chassis!!?? Zitat · Antworten

Once again thank You Geert.

I didn't manage to wait until You answered yesterday, so I started to cut. Some easy math got me to remove 1,2 cm in widt from the cab. Look a project forum.

It seem as the proposions looks alot more correct, and I belive it to be not much to do with the hight, except maybe the windows. I used two hours on it yesterday! The Parts Box body, and parts are not bad, and absolutly worth the 55 australian dollars I paid.

KAWIT ( Gast )
31.12.2006 13:56
#10 RE: Bedford S serie chassis!!?? Zitat · Antworten
Hi Geert,

those pictures are superb. Allthough I am no friend of Brit-trucks, I must admit it's really a beautiful vehicle.
But there are to many projects already on my mind, so I won't fancy that one.
Nevertheless a very nice one to look at.

Best wishes,
Karsten

scaleautomotive

31.12.2006 20:09
#11 RE: Bedford S serie chassis!!?? Zitat · Antworten

Hi Karsten,

yeah, it is quite a lovable cab. But same thing, already many ideas/projects, also why I have decided against the ThePartsBox cab (with the work on it then still needed afterwards (not leaving it 1/22,4)) and am holding off investing in the Accurate Armour 1/35 RLB (the money needed for the RLB would already go a nice way towards getting the Diamond T 980/981 which I'm waiting for to appear eventually at Accurate Armour). Who knows, perhaps by the time I would get there somebody will have come up with a more correct 1/24 or 1/25 S-series cab.

Regards,

Geert

Zitat von KAWIT
Hi Geert,
those pictures are superb. Allthough I am no friend of Brit-trucks, I must admit it's really a beautiful vehicle.
But there are to many projects already on my mind, so I won't fancy that one.
Nevertheless a very nice one to look at.
Best wishes,
Karsten

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz