Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 9 Antworten
und wurde 1.530 mal aufgerufen
 Euro Trucks
Bugace ( gelöscht )
30.12.2006 20:39
Bedford S series Zitat · Antworten
Hello boys!!

I have started on my Bedford, and the first to do was to make it 1/25 scale. Geert told the one I got is 1/22,4
That is like G scale, and the Pola Bedford. Some math, and I found come to that the Bedford had to be slimed a lot. Much more then the 2.5 percent I imagined, and I might have done it to small.
Now here are some pictures, showing where I cut, and how one side looks like after the slimming.

Stephan

31.12.2006 13:34
#2 RE: Bedford S series Zitat · Antworten

Hi
Nice job. I have the same Bedford. Can you tell me how much i must cut away?
Stephan

Bugace ( gelöscht )
31.12.2006 14:09
#3 RE: Bedford S series Zitat · Antworten
Hello Stfan!

I removed 12 mm. But take a carefull look at my pictures, and see where I have put the yellow masking tape.

You'll see I have removed ca. 1,5 mm from the A post on each side, 1,5 mm betwene signal light and headlight and 1,5 mm inside the grill. Also 4,5 mm betwene grill and headlight(this piece I have used to fill a gap on the hood).
I removed 6 mm on the hood, but here I put back a piece from the 4,5 I removed earlier. Windshield was narroved 4,5 mm each side.

I did one side first, and tried to glue the part removed back at once after cutting, to have a more solid body.
It migt be that the windows will be to high, but I will not cut these down before I have got all the other pieces in place, and done all the body mods completely. Visual it looks more correct in hight after narrowing it, so I'm a bit saticfied to have managed it.
Also the wheel openings will need mods, but I'll whait with them as well.

S.Oliver

31.12.2006 15:53
#4 RE: Bedford S series Zitat · Antworten

Why don`t you build this truck in scale 1:22,4 ? If the cabin is 1:22,4 , it is in all sizes 1:22,4 and not only in the width. So you hav to cut in in all 3 dimensions, length, higth and width.
Sorry, I don`t understand, what you are doing there with this cabin.

Gruß
Oliver

Bugace ( gelöscht )
31.12.2006 18:07
#5 RE: Bedford S series Zitat · Antworten

Lets just say that there was some flaws with the cabin. The body was way to wide compared with the hight. Also, I don't like building other than 1/25 or 1/24.
Follow the building, and You might see.

Bugace ( gelöscht )
31.12.2006 18:11
#6 RE: Bedford S series Zitat · Antworten
Some development. I finished the cutting, and managed to get it together again. It is slightly to wide yet, close to 1/24 so I'll go for this scale insted of the smaller one. It is really rough in this stadium, but first now I'll start using filler.

scaleautomotive

11.01.2007 00:46
#7 RE: Bedford S series Zitat · Antworten

Hi Oliver,

I for myself would also not leave it 1:22,4 as is as it would too noticeably (in my view) look too large next to e.g. my Italeri 1:24 Mercedes-Benz (#757).

Regards,

Geert

Zitat von S.Oliver
Why don`t you build this truck in scale 1:22,4 ? If the cabin is 1:22,4 , it is in all sizes 1:22,4 and not only in the width. So you hav to cut in in all 3 dimensions, length, higth and width.
Sorry, I don`t understand, what you are doing there with this cabin.
Gruß
Oliver

scaleautomotive

11.01.2007 01:01
#8 RE: Bedford S series Zitat · Antworten
Hi Stephan,

the real one is 228,5 cm (the width between top outer edges of the wheel arches). It is by this measure that was determined that the ThePartsBox Bedford S cab is 1:22,4 scale (as the model is there 10,2 cm wide), or at least, that the width is 1:22,4 scale.

For a 1:24 model one would thus have to reduce the size of the 1:22,4 model cab until it is 9,52 cm say 9,5 cm wide (for a 1:25 model 9,14 cm say 9,1 cm wide).

Also, have a look here.

Regards,

Geert

Zitat von Stephan
Hi
Nice job. I have the same Bedford. Can you tell me how much i must cut away?
Stephan

Stephan

12.01.2007 16:24
#9 RE: Bedford S series Zitat · Antworten

Hello
Today I received a book with plans of your Beford. I your interested i can send you copies.
Stephan

Bugace ( gelöscht )
23.03.2007 23:40
#10 RE: Bedford S series Zitat · Antworten

In Antwort auf:
Hello
Today I received a book with plans of your Beford. I your interested i can send you copies.
Stephan

Yes I'm interested!!

Have to start on this project again. Have been laying arround due to to many projects. Hope to have it finished this Year(the cab), and get someone to produce resin copies.

«« Scania 111
 Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz